- Sales/Marketing 01625 856 505
- Enquiries 01625 856 500
V1 Professional Services & Automation
Resource Manager (module)
V1 Professional Services Automation (PSA) Resource Manager is an integral part of the V1 PSA product suite that enables project and resource managers to monitor and schedule resources in a real-time, web-based environment.
Download PSA Solutions brochure
Download Resource Manager (module) brochureResource Manager increases the utilisation of your skilled resources by matching them effectively with client and project assignments. It helps to improve client relationships, employee satisfaction and profitability. Resource Manager’s extensive skills database and seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook enables the optimal allocation of people to assignments, delivering improved business performance through better resource utilisation.
Resource Manager will provide your organisation with a comprehensive understanding of resource and skills deployment and training and recruitment requirements to enable better forecasting of service revenues and resource availability.
This system acts as an operational HR and an extension to the standard personnel details kept by the company. Additional information held includes things like travel details (e.g. passport expiry, travelling preferences, constraints and personalised notes), CVs and other skills based documents.
Full availability of resources by reference to Microsoft Project task assignments and /or Microsoft Outlook (including non-project assignments) is provided. In addition, the user interface offers a consolidated colour coded view across all consulting operations.
The skills database is designed to offer an unlimited user-definable hierarchy with skills, competencies and experience held so that these can then be mapped to activities or tasks.
The flexibility of the system is enhanced by the standard integration it offers with the major desktop tools that any consultant would use - Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel.
The reporting offered is comprehensive. There are drill-down reports for a range of reporting options.
Workflow processing is supported by Microsoft Outlook, with interactive message boards.
The system provides meeting request management, with resources capable of being set as managed resources or self-managed resources.
The system automatically compensates for different time zones when the resources being managed are scattered across the world.
V1 PSA Resource Manager delivers a whole range of important benefits to a business with staff in the field or who work on projects that need to be tracked.
- A single ‘portal’ view of your organisation’s resources and schedules
- The facility to match people with the right skills to both internal and external projects
- An immediate identification of available capacity
- A management tool to facilitate intelligent resource scheduling
- The ability to estimate/forecast resource load for future periods
- Integration with Microsoft Project for visibility of task assignments
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook as the single diary calendar for resource bookings and availability
- Management of the booking and approval process through Microsoft Exchange email and/or through internal V1 PSA message boards
- A digital wall planner that allows managers to pro-actively monitor availability and identify additional revenue opportunities
- Increase productivity, without recruiting more staff or over-utilising existing people
- Reduced employee attrition rates through pro-active management of employee work preferences and aspirations
- Accurate service revenue forecasting Increased customer satisfaction through having the right people on the right job at the right time
- Reduced contractor costs by ensuring that relevant in-house skills are deployed to their optimum levels
V1 Professional Services Automation modules